Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"When the Time Comes, Baby Don't Run"

March 20th, 1964--48 years ago today, my beautiful, wonderful mother was born. She is my hero in so many ways. That woman got married in the temple to my dad, birthed and raised 10 children, and she is a published author; and she did it all with such magnanimity, that it's all I can do to pray that one day I'll live up to be half the person she is. I couldn't possibly asked for another woman to be such a wonderful mother. I am so blessed.

This week also marks about a year that I kind of figure my Utah adventure began. It's incredible how much things have changed since them...and how much things have stayed the same. At this time last year, I had graduated early from high school, and was working at home as a substitute teacher. My family came up here to celebrate my mom's birthday all together and so she could do an author signing...

My family then went back, and I stayed in Utah for a few weeks, sleeping on my sisters' couch. I met some of their friends, went hot tubbing, did all kinds of fun stuff with them. Then in May, we all planned a Harry Potter surprise birthday party for my oldest sister Angela, (which was absolutely ridiculous, and she ended up getting mad at me because I spent the entire day and over an hour pretending to sleep to get away from her.) In my experience, surprise parties usually result in a great deal of rage...(Jocelyn--http://lilgeorgiapeach.blogspot.com/2012/01/21-babyy-yeahh.html). But, despite her anger and so many people almost blowing it, I think the party turned out pretty awesome:
Good times. Haha. Then I went back home for a while, officially did the graduation thing, and packed my stuff up and moved here in June. Looking at it now, it might appear that only my location has changed. I'm not in school, working as a substitute teacher, going to dance parties. But in the past year, I've done quite a bit of..."ghost hunting," jumped down a waterfall,

and the Mona rope swings,











auditioned for America's Next Top Model,

worked for Satan at a dress boutique, rode a motorcycle, and countless other adventure I never even imagined I'd go on. I discovered what a pazookie is, went wake boarding for the first time, saw a fair amount of rodeos, and had the greatest summer ward of all time!

...and lit some of the biggest sparklers you will ever see.

I moved away from my family, I've had 10 different roommates, including one from England, (which was such a party hanging out with the Brits:)) and I have changed in so many ways. I made some of the best friends in the world, and to some I said goodbye. I've fallen hard, my heart has been broken, and I've certainly met more than my fair share of tools. But because of everything that has happened--good, bad, and in between, I am such a different person now than I was a year ago. I've grown in so many ways, and I've learned so many things. I've learned that to be independent includes dependency on the Lord. I've learned that life is hard, and tragedies happen, but despite it all, this life is beautiful, and there is so much to be happy about. I'm thankful for this gospel, and the ability to turn it all over to my Father in Heaven, I'm thankful for my family and friends that love me, support me, and are there to pick up the pieces when I'm broken. I want to say sorry to those I have hurt, and I pray to be a better person and friend to everyone I know. You all mean so much to me, regardless of how much or how long it's been since we've talked, or if we don't at all anymore. Whether you know it or not, you've all touched my life in some way, and in doing so you've taken a piece of my heart forever. Every experience I've had has affected and changed me in some way, and I'm thankful for that. This is such a wonderful life<3

No comments:

Post a Comment