Friday, January 13, 2012

"Sometimes it Lasts in Love, but Sometimes it Hurts Instead"

"Things are to be used, and people are to be loved. The problem with the world today, is that people are used and things are loved"

So many people today keep themselves so guarded, not letting anyone else in, pretending they don't have feelings or a heart, that way it doesn't get broken. Sure, living that way may save you a few heart breaks, but I don't understand how you would want to live your life that way. You don't fall in love like that. Heart breaks are a part of life. They are proof that you felt something, and it was real, and it taught you something. People come in and leave your life all the time, for all different reasons, the trick is finding out why. Therein is where the passion lies. It's where you grow, it's where they get the opportunity to teach you something. I always wished it took a lot for me to fall for boys, but I've come to grips that I fall pretty easy. I'm trusting, and I put my heart out there a lot, and it has always come back hurt, sometimes broken, but I know I'm on the right track to finding someone that won't ever let me cry, someone that won't let me down. Someone to love.

And why wouldn't you want to find that? I also don't understand being 24, 25, 28, and not finding the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. I don't have a ton of dating experience, I'm only 19, but what good does it do my friends that are older that tell me they've got so many more years of dating experience than me, if they're in their mid to late 20's, and they really aren't any closer to getting married than I am? At this point in my life, I'm choosing not get married because I know I'm young and immature and I'm not quite ready for that yet, but if they are also choosing not to get married, I feel like that makes them just as immature if they aren't willing to take that step in their lives and grow up, and move on with their lives.

Life is so short, why not fall in love a time or two? I understand everyone is different, and we all get hurt, and we all have a past, but the prophets say get married. They have said to stop messing around and hanging out--they tell us time and time again to go out on dates, have relationships. Well that's what I plan on doing. I know I'm not innocent by any means, but I'm tired of kissing boys that I don't mean anything to. I'm tired of hanging out, especially with boys who don't care and don't treat me well. I'm tired of fighting for a place in people's lives that won't make a place for me. If someone wants you in their life, you will be. If someone wants to be with you, they'll make it happen. So I'll keep going out, I'll keep caring, and keep getting my heart broken, because I know I'm getting closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment