Thursday, August 16, 2012

Use the Force, Nephi

DISCLAIMER: This may in fact be the nerdiest thing you'll ever read.

I know I've talked about this to some people before, but I was just reading my scriptures, and I came across this part in Nephi 17: 53-54
And it came to pass that the Lord said unto me: Stretch forth thine hand  again unto thy brethren, and they shall not wither before thee, but I will shock them, saith the Lord, and this will I do, that they may know that I am the Lord their God.
And it came to pass that I stretched forth my hand unto my brethren, and they did not wither before me; but the Lord did shake them, even according to the word which he had spoken.

The priesthood=the force. Nephi totally just forced shocked his brothers.

Obi-Wan, Yoda, Qui-Gan-Jin, all appear as "force ghosts" to Luke to help him on his merry way, Moroni, Mormon, Elijah, etc. all appear to help people and prophets out...like Joseph Smith, they helped him out right?

There is the light side, and the dark side of the force. The priesthood, given by God, provides worthy young men that hold it, the ability to perform miracles and healing. I've had friends tell me stories about things they've done, like running faster than they ever have before, ((force run)) and they only knew that it was by the power of the Lord that they were able to do it for a righteous cause. (light side) "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense. Never for attack." Yoda
---"The light side of the Force was concerned with the ideals of good, benevolence, and healing. Followers of the light side strove to live in harmony with the world around them, acting out of wisdom and logic rather than anger and hasty judgment. In order to achieve harmony with the light side of the Force, its practitioners would often meditate to clear themselves of emotion; particularly negative emotions such as aggression, fear, anger, and hatred, since these were thought to bring on acceptance of the dark side." Men must always be worthy of their priesthood. How can they exercise their power if they are angry or have anything in their heart but love, compassion, and righteousness. The Holy Ghost cannot grant the power of the priesthood and all its abilities otherwise.

Satan has a counter for everything...however, I won't go into that for the sake of not offending people...(dark side) "The strength of the dark side lies with the power of the individual. The Force comes from within. You must learn to draw on it yourself." Darth Bane
--Satan doesn't want us to rely on the Lord, he tries to get you to indulge in self pleasures and to be self serving, never thinking of others. Even Anakin says "The Sith rely on their passion for their strength. They think inward, only about themselves." That's what the followers of Satan do.

Force sense/enlightenment/comprehension=revelation

Force heal=priesthood blessing

Force stealth=Nephi was inspired to put on the clothes of Laban to get the plates from Zoram
(1 Nephi 4: 19-26
19 And after I had smitten off his head with his own sword, I took the garments of Laban and put them upon mine own body; yea, even every whit; and I did gird on his armor about my loins.
20 And after I had done this, I went forth unto the treasury of Laban. And as I went forth towards the treasury of Laban, behold, I saw the aservant of Laban who had the keys of the treasury. And I commanded him in the voice of Laban, that he should go with me into the treasury.
21 And he supposed me to be his master, Laban, for he beheld the garments and also the sword girded about my loins.
22 And he spake unto me concerning the aelders of the Jews, he knowing that his master, Laban, had been out by night among them.
23 And I spake unto him as if it had been Laban.
24 And I also spake unto him that I should carry the engravings, which were upon the aplates of brass, to my elder brethren, who were without the walls.
25 And I also bade him that he should follow me.
26 And he, supposing that I spake of the abrethren of the bchurch, and that I was truly that Laban whom I had slain, wherefore he did follow me.)


Obviously they aren't exactly the same, or else everyone would have been suspicious of George Lucas but...force, priesthood...force, priesthood...force, priesthood....is there some kind of similarity there? I think maybe there is...(50 points to whoever gets that reference).




Also, Rachel is the greatest.






No comments:

Post a Comment