Wednesday, June 6, 2012

"YOLO"



'"Seize the day" in Latin is "Carpe Diem"—"Seize the day" in douchebag is "YOLO."'--funniest status I've ever seen.

I was listening to Ke$ha, because I love her, and I was listening to a song where she is actually singing, and she doesn't sound too bad right? See she has talent, she's just usually too drunk to use it. But you know, she's not everyone's cup of tea...Glozell thinks she has some issues apparently. Haters gonna hate. Then again, other little girls just aspire to be what she is. Also, sometimes I think I spend far too much time on the internet.

Then, I put on my country pandora station, and came across the sweetest country song. I'm obsessed.


Sometimes, my thoughts are really scattered. So for those reading this, the previous two paragraphs were just a side note. Sorry. I think that happens a lot in my blog. In any case, my life has been pretty awesome recently, so I thought I'd just brag about it.

For the past couple weeks, I've been celebrating my roommate/best friend Kassie's birthday. We went to dinner, and I made her get on the birthday saddle:

Hahahahahahaha she hated me.

Then we went to a couple dance parties, made mocktini margaritas...


Went to dinner again, got all dressed up and hit up LMFAO in concert


Which was seriously one of the raddest things I have ever done. And, since it was my first concert and Kassie's birthday, we decided that the seats we paid for, so far away from Redfoo and SkyBlu, were not sufficient, so Kass used that feminine charm of hers on the poor teenage bouncer who really didn't stand a chance, and got us into General Admissions. Best. Plan. Ever. It was like one huge, outrageous dance party! First concert experience=win. Then of course, my brother asks me if I'll help him move into his new house the next morning, and I was so exhausted, I didn't really have a chance to shower. So, I felt gross, smelled like booze, and proceeded to move crap for the next 9 hours. It's as close to a hangover as I ever want to get. I felt like Lindsay Lohan...


I've accepted recently that since moving away from home, I've tapped into my country girl side more than ever. Last Saturday, I went to a Chris Cagle concert with some friends, and I looooved it. More than anything. Country people are such nice, friendly, genuine people. And they have such big hearts. I need to find me a country boy. It was so so much fun.


But most recently, and most impressively, I have a couple friends that have been going through some hard stuff lately, so yesterday I fasted for them. As I am fasting and praying, and thinking about them, I started wondering "what can fasting really do for someone? It seems such a simple, insignificant gesture, how can it really help?" Almost immediately after I had that thought, one of those friends let me know that what he had been struggling with had been resolved, and everything was going to be ok. My heart was so touched and so full of gratitude. My testimony grew so much in that moment, I don't really even have words to express it. I testify of the effectiveness of fasting and prayer.

CARPE DIEM

No comments:

Post a Comment